We’re currently looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
As Lead Engineer, you’ll be responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
Key responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer include:
• Responding to engineering service calls
• Completing maintenance request work orders from all departments in a timely basis
• Performing preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
• Ensuring that equipment is working properly
• Completing other special projects as assigned by the Engineering Supervisor
The ideal Lead Engineer candidate will have previous hotel experience. We are looking for a high energy, motivated individual who will take ownership and who has the organization skills to manage several tasks at once.
The minimum qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer position are:
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair commercial kitchen and mechanical equipment
• Ability to prioritize tasks, train and instruct.
• Advanced mechanical skills. Ability to read schematics and O/M manuals.
• Knowledge of commercial refrigeration preferred.
• Knowledge of 460 volt AC circuits and advanced troubleshooting skills preferred at hire.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 100 pounds
• Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions, receive job assignments and communicate progress and/or completion of assignment, and basic guest requests
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Lead Engineer (Mechanic)
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself.
Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Uniforms designed by a rock star. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.
If you kick ass at what you do, and have a true passion for service and music, separate yourself from the crowd and be noticed.