We are currently looking for two full-time Restaurant Hosts / Hostesses to join our team at 89 Agave, our Sonoran-style Mexican cuisine restaurant with a fun, casual vibe located in the heart of Uptown.
As a Host/Hostess, you’ll be responsible for providing a warm, friendly, and hospitable welcome to our guests and for escorting guests to tables.
Key responsibilities of a Host/Hostess include:
• Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner
• Escorting guests to tables and assisting in seating, ensuring hotel standards of service
• Handing off the guest to the server by name
• Anticipating the guest’s needs and personalizing service by using the Guest’s name when known
• Answering questions about menu items, atmosphere and dining experience
• Monitoring reservations, VIPs and Special Guests, communicating information to all parties involved with servicing the guest
• Ensuring that menus are accurate, clean and free of rips and/or stains
• Assisting guests with locating their server if needed
• Keeping entrance area neat and clean
• Maintaining a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
• Taking reservations and maintaining reservation book
• Assisting in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times
• Assisting with preparing and delivering coffee and other food and beverages, as appropriate, to guests
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
• Ensuring that the music and lighting levels are appropriate for the meal period
• Thanking guests and inviting them to return again
The ideal Host/Hostess candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for delivering excellent service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.