We are currently looking for an on call Banquet Captain to join our team.
As the Banquet Captain, you’ll be responsible for supervising banquet department operations while ensuring that staffing, training, set up and service meet property standards.
Key responsibilities of the Banquet Captain position include:
- Supervising banquet team members as directed by the Banquet Manager
- Assisting with training banquet team members
- Supervising and assisting with the set-up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications
- Assisting in service of functions as required
- Inspecting function rooms and equipment prior to the functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set up
- Supervising and assisting with the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored correctly
- Maintaining par stocks and perpetual inventories of necessary items
- Ordering rental equipment and linens as necessary for banquet events
- Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Responding to operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
The ideal Banquet Captain will have a minimum of one year of banquet server, conference set up and banquet bar experience. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
- Previous Banquet Captain, supervisory or management experience preferred
- Experience with both banquet front of the house as well as banquet back of the house activities
- Ability to effectively direct and motivate staff to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Banquet department.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
- Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
- Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification (TiPS) or be capable of obtaining certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.