Created: August 10, 2016
We are looking for a hands-on Marketing Manager to partner with our in-house agency of highly creative, intelligent and experienced hospitality marketers who are passionate about their work.
Marketing Manger you would be responsible for:
• Overseeing all aspects of Marketing including advertising, website, agency management and collateral production for a select portfolio of hotels and restaurants
• Partnering with hotel teams to drive marketing strategies
• Reports to and collaborates with the Director of Marketing on all portfolio wide marketing opportunities
• Writing copy, proofing and developing content as needed
• Acting as a resource to the field and corporate staff as it relates to all marketing opportunities
• Participating in the branding and rebranding of managed assets, including hotels and restaurants
• Serving as a communication conduit and counsel for all marketing programs, with both internally stakeholders and externally vendors/agencies
• Developing promotional opportunities to increase sales
• Managing budgets and analyzing overall effectiveness of marketing efforts
• Working in tandem with a two-member design team and partnering with our ecommerce team
• Improving internal processes
Key Job Responsibilities
• Executes annual media plans. Coordinates and oversees ad, website and collateral production. This includes negotiating contracts, initiating request for artwork, copywriting, approving artwork, providing follow-up, processing invoices, maintaining the budget and assessing ad effectiveness. Participates in branding discussions and monitors brand cohesiveness through all marketing materials.
• Communicates all marketing programs to the field and corporate staff and acts as a resource in assessing marketing opportunities. Provides guidance and direction as needed to the Marketing Dept. staff and develops the marketing dept. infrastructure by improving processes and creating SOPs. Assists hotel property teams with developing annual media plans and provides marketing guidance.
• Analyzes marketing plan effectiveness. Researches new marketing opportunities. Develops focus groups to analyze customer needs and travel trends.
• Works with outside PR vendors to create press releases as needed. Provides guidance on PR and promotional opportunities to increase sales.
• Utilize KSFs personally to prioritize time.
• A desire to embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture
• Minimum 3 years marketing experience in the hospitality industry, both traditional media and ecommerce
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
• Works well in a collaborative, agency-like environment
• Extensive knowledge of advertising and print collateral production
• Very detail-oriented and analytical
• Quick learner
• Good sense of design and ability to conceptualize requested products
• Ability to juggle a variety of projects at the same time and handle the stress associated with multiple deadlines
• Good communicator, both written and orally
• Ability to work with the Marketing team to accomplish goals on a timely basis
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Basic understanding of website development, SEO and SEM
• Ability to analyze marketing opportunities and ad effectiveness
• Prior experience in creating and maintaining brand identities
• Business, Marketing or Communications degree preferred
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in San Clemente, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.