We are currently looking for a Busser/Food Runner to join the team at our property.
Set up and clear tables, stock all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Quickly clean dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset tables with spotless service ware.
• Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
• Greet guests in a pleasant and courteous manner, serve beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
• Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform general cleaning tasks, using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Folding napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply, restocking condiments, etc.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, or special guest requests and cross-training, to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Report any suspicious persons or activities to a supervisor immediately.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Ability to understand and speak English to comprehend basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.