About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
We are currently looking for a part-time Bell Attendant to join our team.
As a Bell Attendant, you’ll be responsible for providing a positive first and last impression to guests as they arrive and leave the hotel. The Arrival Agent is responsible for meeting or exceeding the needs of our guests and for being professional, friendly, and helpful.
Key responsibilities of a Bell Attendant include:
• Greeting all guests and offering assistance with baggage
• Conducting lobby and in-room orientations when escorting guests to their rooms
• Assisting individuals and groups with check-in, check-out and room changes
• Providing information regarding property events, outlets, amenities and directions and ascertaining which services could enhance the guests’ stay
• Delivering guest newspapers, messages, packages, amenities, etc.
• Storing and retrieving luggage for guests from the luggage storage area
• Maintaining presence during peak traffic periods
• Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
• Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of local area attractions and things to do around the property
The ideal Bell Attendant will have exceptional communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for positive, friendly, upbeat individuals who can deliver excellent service.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
• Ability to move throughout the property (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer