About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an Event Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As Event Manager, you’ll be responsible for generating catering revenue and servicing in-house groups.
Key responsibilities of an Event Manager include:
• Achieving or exceeding contracted food and beverage revenue minimums
• Owning, driving and executing all aspects of in-house events for assigned catering groups to include managing the preparation of BEOs (banquet event orders) to client specifications, diagrams, audio-visual requirements, and/or VIP amenity requests
• Preparing all documentation of the events to the satisfaction of the customer and with all appropriate departments
• Producing accurate banquet/catering event orders and resumes within specified timeframe
• Communicating and confirming details of events with customers
• Ensuring that event sheets are updated regularly and communicated with appropriate managers
• Listening to and reading the customer; identifying opportunities to up-sell the customer through food and beverage offerings, room upgrades, additional meeting space with room rental, audio visual and lighting upgrades, etc.
• Scheduling and facilitating pre and post conference meetings as necessary
• Conducting site inspections with sales team members as appropriate
• Maintaining accurate Delphi information on all bookings, specifically program details and client correspondence, traces up to date and use of To Do list
• Meeting with the catering and operations teams regarding details for upcoming events including event logistics, food presentation, and arrival/departure timelines
• Making presence known to customer during the event and being available to solve issues and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements
• Interacting with guests to solicit feedback on product quality and overall guest satisfaction with areas such as guest rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage, and service levels throughout the planning process
• Following up with customers post-event
• Organizing and maintaining accurate detailed and orderly files of previous and upcoming events
The ideal Event Manager candidate will be detail oriented and have previous hotel event planning experience with a focus on sales as well as customer service. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Two or more years catering service experience
• Experience with servicing weddings a plus
• Strong teamwork skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines and various levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
• Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Professional and friendly demeanor with a positive attitude
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and DELPHI
• Ability to work a varied schedule that will include evenings and weekends