About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Attractions to lead the Attractions Team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As the Director of Attractions, you’ll be responsible for providing leadership that drives the guest experience and the overall operational execution of the Attractions Team.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Attractions include:
• Proposing and implementing strategies to constantly improve guest satisfaction while maximizing revenue
• Managing all aspects of the attraction activities to ensure and maintain the quality of services provided
• Analyzing trends to determine opportunities for adding, changing, and/or removing tours
• Making key decisions, as they relate to the Attractions Department, and overseeing execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results
• Establishing goals, measurements and action plans for the Attractions Leadership Team and providing the training, support and accountability required to enable team members to meet established goals
• Developing a strong team through effective and consistent leadership and operational savvy
• Ensuring that guest and colleague concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Creating the operational budget for the Attractions Department to include revenue, payroll, departmental and fixed expenses
• Ensuring that accurate monthly forecast of revenues, expenses and GOP are produced and communicated to the team
• Ensuring that staffing levels for attractions are at optimal levels so that guest satisfaction and expectations are met as well as remaining within budgetary guidelines
If you’re an experienced, high energy professional with a passion for leading then you just might be the candidate we’re looking for! In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in the attractions, amusement or similar industry
• Previous experience with the Siriusware ticketing system a plus
• Ability to inspire crew members and to create a culture of care and accountability
• Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data to insight and then into action
• Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve practices or develop new approaches
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results and motivate a team toward common goals
• Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, and labor management
• An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer