About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well spoken and experienced Sales Manager who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our Queen Mary property. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As a Sales Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing small group business.
Key responsibilities of a Sales Manager include:
• Managing group accounts to maximize business potential
• Negotiating group business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
• Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
• Identifying new business that fits sales parameters
• Consistently making prospecting calls
• Aggressively pursuing new accounts on a weekly basis
• Consistently booking repeat business
• Developing long term business relationships
• Making on-site and field presentations to prospective clients
• Attending tradeshows
• Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
The ideal Sales Manager candidate will have at least one to three years of experience as a Sales Manager with a proven track record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
• Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
• Track record of developing long term relationships
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of DELPHI and experience a plus!
An Equal Opportunity Employer