Donohoe Hospitality Services is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals in the industry. We invite you to view our current career opportunities and apply.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
Responsible for supervising, managing and overseeing front office operations.
1. Hire, train, counsel and motivate department personnel, payroll administration for department personnel, and conduct all department personnel performance appraisals.
2. Schedule staff according to budget guidelines.
3. Assist the General Manager in resolving guest complaints concerning the front office.
4. Establish effective front office communication and information system through logs, department meetings, and coaching and counseling. Set clear standards for employees and communicate all goals and results.
5. Work closely with housekeeping, engineering, catering and sales to assure groups, guests and special functions are handled smoothly.
6. Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled.
7. Monitor posting of guest charges and approve all adjustments to minimize lost revenue (Revenue daily packs).
8. Train staff and ensure that the proper cash handling policies are in place and being followed.
9. Train staff and ensure that proper direct bill and credit card procedures are in place and being followed.
10. Responsible for training and monitoring staff on hotel and/or brand standards for guest services.
11. Responsible for maintaining and reporting problems with Front Office POS.
12. Responsible for training staff on POS systems to include Front Desk, PBX, movies and telephone call accounting systems.
13. Responsible for training staff on guest safety issues including but not limited to privacy issues and key control.
1. Coordinate wait-listed reservations with sales department.
2. Administer the hotel’s direct bill accounts, as directed by the General Manager.
3. Responsible for ordering and maintaining Front Office supplies, Pantry supplies, Business Center and equipment according to and within budget.
4. Responsible for training staff on new brand, hotel marketing, guest service promotions and/or advertisements.
Education and Experience:
• Solid experience in Front Office operations
• Must have management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation and skills.
• Ability to stand for a long period of time.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and exhibit good judgment.