About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Sponsorship Sales Manager to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
The Sponsorship Sales Manager will work closely with the Director of Entertainment Events to develop revenue-generating partnership opportunities, to identify and solicit potential sponsors and to execute deliverables and programs from conceptualization through implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying potential new partners through an entrepreneurial approach to prospect identification and cultivation
• Thoroughly understanding sponsors’ business including their organization, mission, marketing strategies and philanthropic priorities
• Collaboratively and independently identifying and building relationships with targeted sponsors to generate sponsorship commitments and revenues
• Creatively developing revenue-generating opportunities in support of event and non-event-related activities and programs
• Negotiating sponsorship terms and deliverables for contracts
• Managing sponsorship contracts, meeting project deadlines and ensuring that all deliverables are met
• Analyzing program implementation and deliverables and making recommendations for improvement in order to ensure client satisfaction and internal efficiencies
• Conducting post-event/program reporting and ROI analysis for both internal and external use
• Developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate city and state agencies
If you have an extensive background in the Sponsorship Industry, have existing relationships in the world of corporate sponsorship and/or fundraising and have experience in developing revenue-generating programs from the ground up, then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for.
• Bachelors degree or higher
• Three to five years of experience in a similar management role
• Proven track record of soliciting and securing corporate sponsorships for events
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational capabilities to successfully execute a multi-day event requiring coordination across numerous teams
• Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
• Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
• Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication
• Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
• High levels and respect for other company functions and the ability to work well with them as a team
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
An Equal Opportunity Employer