About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently searching for an experienced Retail Director to lead the retail team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As Retail Director, you’ll be responsible for providing leadership that drives the guest experience, overall operational execution and total retail outlet results.
Key responsibilities of the Retail Director include:
• Establishing a strategic retail program including store operation and merchandising standards, pricing, sourcing, purchasing, merchandising, and inventory control
• Assisting in the development and implementation of new retail outlet concepts
• Working closely with leased retail outlets to ensure that product mix, merchandising and cleanliness reflect Queen Mary standards
• Performing product analysis to determine opportunities for product changes based on guest preferences and trends
• Conducting local market pricing surveys to ensure pricing is competitive
• Sourcing new retail products which highlight the history of the Queen Mary
• Working with Special Events to create retail opportunities as appropriate
• Creating the operational budget for the retail outlets to include revenue, payroll, departmental and fixed expenses
• Ensuring that accurate monthly forecast of revenues, expenses and GOP are produced and communicated to the team
• Establishing goals, measurements and action plans for the retail operations department and providing the training, support and accountability required to enable team members to meet established goals
• Developing a strong team through effective and consistent leadership and operational savvy
• Ensuring that guest and colleague concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members so that team members can exceed guest expectations
• Ensuring that staffing levels for retail outlets are at optimal levels so that guest satisfaction and expectations are met as well as remaining within budgetary guidelines
• Communicating with crew members to keep them informed of property events, incentive programs, etc.
• Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
• Ensuring that crew members have the tools and supplies needed for success
If you’re an experienced retail professional with a passion for delivering great service, then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of retail leadership experience
• Experience in a multi-unit destination retail environment a plus
• Experience in the development of gift stores and/or specialty concepts
• Ability to develop and implement new retail outlets
• Demonstrated ability to use creative and innovative strategies to maximize profits
• Knowledge of trends and changes in the retail landscape
• Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve practices or develop new approaches
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
• Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, and labor management
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results and motivate a team toward common goals
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Demonstrates a high level of computer literacy, particularly as it relates to retail sales, cost tracking, inventory control, payroll and accounting
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer