The Marketing Manager is responsible for identifying, planning and executing local property marketing programs and for the ongoing support, management and implementation of national marketing initiatives within an assigned region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and implement the Company’s national marketing initiatives within the assigned region.
o Participate in the development and implementation of new national marketing initiatives.
o Collaborate with various departments as necessary to ensure the effectiveness of all national marketing initiatives.
o Provide a regional perspective to the larger national marketing team.
o Ensure national marketing programs are structured, repeatable and have clear instructions for easy implementation by on-site associates.
o Train on-site associates on national marketing programs as required.
o Provide metrics as needed to measure the success of the national marketing initiatives
• Provide local marketing support and marketing consultative services to properties within the assigned region.
o Maintain positive, proactive and collaborative communications between Riverstone’s Property Marketing Group and operations teams.
o Work with senior leadership, Regional Managers, Community Managers and on-site associates to ensure the successful implementation of customized local and/or individual marketing plans and programs.
o Monitor, audit and ensure quality control of the Company’s local marketing efforts, including Craigslist, Facebook and other online channels.
o Lead efforts to develop individual property brand identity and message development.
o Manage the company’s Market Watch list program for the assigned region. Identify gaps in marketing execution and/or support to resolve high exposure or other occupancy issues. Provide field-level marketing support to communities participating in the program.
o Develop customized marketing programs designed to leverage national tools, systems and processes to advance local marketing programs.
o Support and/or participate in the Company’s new business development efforts via the development of marketing RFPs, presentations and marketing plans as requested.
o Act as the liaison between Operations and national marketing supplier/partners.
• Track, manage and measure local marketing programs and events
o Guide the development of marketing plans and budgets.
o Provide marketing analytics and spend analyses to maximize spend efficiencies.
o Develop and provide Owner reports as requested.
• Maintain an ongoing knowledge of marketing trends and demographics, with a particular emphasis on brand/identity development, digital/online marketing programs, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO) and social media.
• Comply with all Company National Practices, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Perform other tasks as directed by any person authorized to give such instructions or assignments.
• Some travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising is preferred.
• Three years of property marketing experience in the multi-family industry is required, ideally for a large portfolio of properties.
• A consistent and demonstrated track record of positive marketing impact and performance.
• A high-level of competency as it relates to online marketing, social media and emerging technologies.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Ability to use a personal computer and advanced knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office, Access, and basic OS tools.
• Must possess knowledge or information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge or hardware and software, with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies.
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, and copier.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others at all levels.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to conduct presentations or speak in public to large groups of people.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform intermediate mathematical functions.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to be a self-starter and multi-task.
• Ability to create and design general marketing pieces for in-house production.
• General understanding of advertising design and ability to coordinate with advertising firms in the creation of advertisements and collateral.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Must be creative, decisive, and self-directed.
• Must have strong leadership ability.
• Ability to be flexible, creative and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to train.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to drive an automobile.
• Ability to travel on all forms of commercial transportation.
• Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed dress code policy.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; overtime may be required.
• Some travel required.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Frequent use of fingers, handling, feeling, talking, and hearing.
• Moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping, and lifting.
• Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, instruct, and communicate.
• Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Standard office working environment.