Sells commercial landscape services to businesses and industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches, identifies and delivers profitable business opportunities with new and existing clients through customer relationships, cold calling, client presentations, referral generation, cross selling and networking.
• Develops close customer relationships and thorough understanding of client needs; trouble-shoots customer issues.
• Evaluates all revenue generating opportunities within a customer or prospect and designing proposals based on finds.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contracts.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
• Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit sales.
• Participates in company sales meetings and training programs.
• Serves as mentor for less tenured or experienced sales representatives.
• Develops and executes sales and business development plans.
• Prepares sales contracts and obtains required approvals.
• Meets regularly with prospects to continue to build and enhance potential business opportunities throughout business sales cycle.
• Increases market share by achieving sales and revenue production goals.
• Collaborates with other functional areas to access all available resources.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Assists in the investigation and collection of overdue balances on customer accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with four to five years related business to business sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience with business to business transactions involving long sales cycles. Landscaping experience is helpful.
Local travel (60%)
Current driver's license